Friday, September 07, 2007

Friday


I was going to bike today but decided to push towards a 4th straight day of running.

The little voice inside my head was telling me that if I zone out the fatigue I might have a break thru run at the end of the rainbow.
Most of the hesitation is due in part to getting these runs in with minimal carbo-loading. I'm experimenting with trying to get more volume in with just enough kcals in me to get by. Its tough I tell you.

In the past I would get in a solid lunch and normal dinner the day before a run. This has always yielded good results, but it was hard to end the day with a calorie deficit.

So todays run ended up totalling 10 miles. Most at Z1.5 ( 11-10:15 pace ). Never felt any bonk, but between having raced last Sunday and the previous 3 days of running, it took some effort to get thru it.

Finished the last mile strong, so it was encouraging. I'm hoping 3 weeks of this might prove that I can do just as well with a little less kcals.

Lighter= Better

No comments: