Tuesday, December 05, 2006

The Big 5 0 !

Yesterday was kind of a milestone for me. I did my first 50 mile week ever ! 54.5 to be exact.
And I have to say that 35 of those 54 were fairly high quality. Man it feels good,so good that I'm pretty sure I can maintain my current mileage as long as I pay attention to rest, post-run stretching -massage and proper warm up.
I'll probably throttle back to 40 this week since I'm going to be on the 3/1 ( 3 wks steady-1 wk easy ) pretty soon and it would be good to go into the recovery week healthy.

I also decided that my first race of the 07 season will be the Hyannis Marathon on 2/27.

So far I'm on track with my plan and hopefully a PR will be the result. NO more time predictions for any of my races. The plan is to just be humble, do my best and don't leave anything out there.

Race Schedule:

2/27- Hyannis Marathon
5/07- St.Anns 10K
6/07-FirmMan Sprint Tri
6/07-OK5K
6/07-Harriman Sprint
6/07-Rockman 1/2 Iron Man
7/07-Pinebush Tri
7/07-Ironman USA Lake Placid
8/07-West Point Tri
9/07-Lake George Tri
9/07-Vermont 50 mile Ultra

10/07-Woodstock Duathlon/5mi road race double

No comments: