My Favorite Things To Eat !
One of my passions has been cooking. I've enjoyed it for as long as I can remember.
I've even learned how to cook very healthy , lean foods that taste great and is Glycemic Correct( PC Food ! ). For example ,yesterday I came home from swimming starved. It being a nice day and all I went ahead and started up my killer stainless steel Uber-BBQ grill. Its built like a Mercedes.
One of the leanest meats you can eat is Turkey so I decided to do up some of my Senor Mikey Burgers. I like using 10% lean ground turkey meat. I mix in shredded carrots, red & white onions,shallots ,cumin,salt/pepp and some olive oil. Form it up to some patties and throw it on the grill w/ low heat. About 8-9 mins one side...then 3-4 mins once flipped.
Serve this over some brown rice w/ coleslaw and cukes w/ sweet Japanese vinegar + honey & lemon. Its out of this world !!!! and will fill you til you bust. Perfect for a post-workout meal since the Tryptophan in the turkey will make you nap ; )
I should have taken a pic to post. Bummer !
I promise to take pics of all my meals for next week since I've got some extra time now that I'm in taper. Kinda like my own little Tri Guys Cooking Show.
Monday's breakfast will be my To Die For Banana Pancakes - inspired by one of my favorite Jack Johnson tunes.
Other Tri Related News........
I'm shopping for some new race wheels.
I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a set of Cane Creeks Aros 58's.
Basically an improved Zipp 404 with cooler decals.
Did the Disc+40mm front combo during the 04-05 season. Fast ! , but I think I want to go lighter. The Renn disc weighed 1150gms + 675 for the Sprinergy PBO Tillium.
The Aros weighs in at 1485gms !!! I think I deserve them. My avg speed has come up this year and I won't feel like a fool w/ some fast wheels and no motor .
Tomorrow we drop off Amanda at camp. She goes every summer about this time. We'll pick her up just in time for IMLP.
Its a real tough time for me. I miss her all the time when she's away.
Not quite sure how I'll handle it when she goes way to college. Its something that I always think about because the last 5 years have gone by too fast. I know its a cliche...but when you have only one child, time is something you are always aware of.
I'll end the entry with a Big THUMBS UP...WAAAY UP ! for Pirates of the Carribean II.
Loved it ! Johnny Depp is in a league of his own, and Keira Nightly is a hottie. The pirate creatures were kinda gross to look at, but its what seperates it from other films of this genre.
Must have DVD !
Saturday, July 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment